The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional support to the Regional Director in developing annual work plans and monitoring their execution against the project baseline, including activities, deliverables, schedule, and associated costs, and ensure achievement.
- Initiate and participate in developing, implementing and evaluating operational management plans, budgets and business process improvement programmes aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support and coordinate resource mobilizations efforts, including timely submission of proposals where RESA scientists are involved.
- Preparing technical and financial reports in consultation with project principal investigators and project team members for timely reporting to Management/donors.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between scientific and administrative units.
- Preparing necessary documentation and executing project sub-agreements, memoranda of understanding, consultancies, ensuring full compliance to established institutional policies and processes, monitor their implementation, and ensuring smooth closure of contracts.
- Contributes towards management of stakeholder expectations; tracking and monitoring of project deliverables, including monitoring of the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project work plans.
- Coordinate arrangements for visiting scientists, interns and students.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient tools for project tracking to monitor and report on all activities.
- Coordinate day-to-day management of a fast-paced research environment.
- Make logistical arrangements for research conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Follow through with partners and relevant sections (especially field stations and scientists on implementation of agreed agenda), Handling external enquiries for information and internal questions and queries.
- Carry out any other duties to reinforce effective and efficient project administration.
- Attend periodic internal meetings and represent ICRISAT as appropriately delegated, at external meetings.
- Analyse reports, draw conclusions, and make presentations that will result in effective decision-making.
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within own work area
- Perform any job related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and Master’s degree in related Sciences or Business Administration
• Up to five (5) years’ work experience in programme management.
• Is conversant with scientific principles, processes and practices
• Plans work for team and ensures set targets/deadlines are met
• Ability to analyse reports, draw conclusions, make presentations that will result in effective decision-making.
• Demonstrates high adaptability and flexibility in accommodating change
• Support and foster team participation with interpersonal skills appropriate to the scope of the work.
• Ensure compliance of activities in line with set standards under the supervisor’s guidance
• Uses appropriate media to communicate e.g. face to face meetings, emails, skype etc
• Ability to provide clear direction and guidance to others
• Has organizational and priority setting skills
• Sets standards of behaviour and demands high standards from team
Accounts Assistant – Payables
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Internal Control Systems
- Adhere to internal control systems that will ensure that the centre attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making, ensure compliance to policies and laws of host countries and safeguard the centre assets
- Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to supervisor
- Ensuring the processing and payment of all supplier invoices.
- Certifying that all supporting documents for payments are provided and all mandatory approvals are availed
- Perform goods matching and invoice matching for both local and international suppliers
- Verify, process, and ensure that all direct payments and 100% pre-payments to suppliers without credit facilities are done within 24hours of receipt.
- Prepare all supplier reports, update the tracker and ensure all suppliers payment documentations are properly achieved
- Reconciliation of all Suppliers
- Reconciliation of all SUNDRY suppliers accounts and follow up.
- Administer, manage user training, track and ensure both usage and payment of Corporate Credit Card
- Assist in credit card applications and card issuance
- Process payments on time and update card holders on the status of their cards and handle any dispute/communication with CBA
- Continuous updates on monthly telephone chargeback’s and network recharges for the Centre (ICT annual income).
- Post the TAS& IVDN chargeback’s and centre vehicle usage chargebacks
- Petty cash returns:
- Vouch, verify and ensure accuracy before booking the petty cash returns from HQ in the financial system and make reimbursement
- Uploading OTC’s
- Assist in uploading of OTCs.
- Commitment Ledger:
- Assist in the reconciliation of the commitment ledger.
- In charge of the ILRI account:
- · Assist in the reconciliation of the ILRI account.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field
• CPA (2)/ACCA or International equivalent
• Up to 2 years of experience.
• Accuracy in verification of documentations
• Communication and user trainings guidelines to staff on credit card usage
• Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
• Proficiency in database applications and MS office suite
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- The Accounts Assistant will ensure timely payment and reconciliation of all suppliers
- S/he will apply for, administer, enhance, track and ensure both usage and payment of Corporate Credit Card (CBA) are up to date
- S/he will ensure timely petty reimbursement
- S/he will process Centre’s chargeback’s and ensure annual targets are met
- S/he will assist in follow up on commitment Ledger:
- S/he will assist in uploading OTC’s and raising Invoices
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.