World Agroforestry Communications Manager Jobs Kenya 2017
The position will be both strategic and tactical; planning and management of the communications function within AWARD is envisioned as a central responsibility, but the incumbent will also be heavily engaged in day-to-day communications activities including a central role in generating and delivering compelling and useful information to key AWARD stakeholders.
Responsibilities for the Communications Manager Job
- Leadership and Management
- Lead the development, implementation and periodic evaluation of the AWARD Communications Strategy;
- Develop and manage the AWARD Communications budget;
- Lead the effort to maintain a strong, consistent external brand for the programme across all communications channels;
- Refine and ensure adherence to AWARD brand standards, including the organisation’s Style Guide and corporate identity;
- Oversee and manage AWARD’s online presence on the program’s website and social media platforms;
- Manage vendors used for writing, editing and designing selected communications products, both print and multimedia;
- Create and facilitate the use of effective internal communications tools, and periodically provide management reports on communications activities and effectiveness;
- Provide leadership to AWARD generally, and to Communications staff in particular, overseeing and ensuring the development of work plans that are aligned with the overall AWARD workplans;
- Conduct periodic staff evaluations and guide enhancement of skills including by identifying appropriate professional development opportunities;
- Publications and writing/editing
- Responsible for coordinating the communications outputs, creating and updating AWARD literature by;
- Identifying, developing and executing communications strategy for key stakeholders and general public;
- Working with communications team members and other AWARD staff on the writing, editing and production of various AWARD imprimatur print publications and multi-media communications;
- Writing and editing various internal and external progress and annual reports and project documents for senior management and donors;
- Developing content for multiple needs, including press statements and articles, fact sheets, brochures, and the AWARD website;
- Working with AWARD staff in the development of conference papers, posters and presentations (including PowerPoint and video);
- Providing editorial support in the development of professional (peer-reviewed) articles;
- Developing ideas to tell the AWARD story in fresh and compelling new ways.
- Resource mobilization and external relations:
- Support fundraising efforts by editing and formatting proposals, and assisting in preparation of donor presentations (especially those made by the Director);
- Provide strategic support in fundraising, working with other team members to build partnerships with key partners and donors;
- Support existing relationships, and help develop new ones with strategic partners and institutions
Qualifications for the Communications Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field; (Master’s degree preferred)
- 7 years’ experience in a similar position
- 2 years working in Francophone Africa or with Francophone Africa partners is highly desirable
- Demonstrated abilities in managing staff and budgets; Proven skills in writing, editing and producing publications; Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Cultural competency relative to Francophone Africa and fluency in written and spoken French; Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and partners; Ability to work independently and to take initiative, as well as to be an effective team member;
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines;
- Standard office ICT skills, including social media;
- Experience in developing and implementing media and advocacy campaigns.
How to Apply
World Agroforestry Research & Evaluation Jobs Kenya 2017
Working with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team members as well as other AWARD staff, the Program Research and Evaluation Specialist (PRES) will raise AWARD’s global and regional profile as a leader in generating, curating, disseminating and applying evidence for gender responsive agricultural research and development.
The incumbent will assist the Senior Manager, M&E in overseeing AWARD’s Program research, monitoring, evaluation and data analysis activities and ensure that they support the program (both internally and externally) in building an expertly informed focus on gender responsive agriculture for Africa.
The ideal candidate will be able to translate data on gender and agriculture into compelling narratives and action points, and share these in a variety of formats with key stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
Responsibilities for the Centre Research & Evaluation Job
Establish M&E System
- Build on existing infrastructure to establish and manage an M&E system that ensures the collection and management of quality data throughout the program lifecycle; develop and maintain a uniform and consistent data collection and reporting methodology and schedule, ensuring consistent and timely application of all components of the M&E system. This includes establishing data quality protocols, as well as managing data and information for easy retrieval and analysis. In addition, the incumbent will:
- Provide direction to the systems analyst and Program Assistant, Learning and Outreach.
- Development of Program research, M&E initiatives and collaborations.
- Contributes to management of research dissemination, documentation and reporting activities to ensure that messages, materials and reports are of high quality, and supportive to the strategic direction of AWARD.
- Undertake overall M&E activities to ensure that data collection, analysis, and use are in line with the high standards expected from AWARD
- Ensure synergies and triangulation between M&E, Communication, Programs, finance and administration and resource mobilization.
Collect and Analyze Data
- Oversee the development, management, and application of a comprehensive electronic information management system for the program; maintain all M&E tracking forms and tools, ensuring data is up to date and accurate; coordinate timely collection and analysis of all data and information and facilitate internal reflection; collect and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data and information on critical assumptions throughout the program lifecycle, and track key performance indicators; supports ongoing critical analyses of initiative outcomes for program improvement and learning.
Compile, Manage and Report on Program Data
- Ensure data are compiled and reported in in a timely and useful manner, in appropriate formats to key stakeholders (clients, partners, AWARD team, senior management, steering committee, and relevant donors); compile and manage all data sets, provide preliminary analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, and draft sections of internal and external reports; coordinate and manage the M&E calendar; provide updates and guidance on monitoring issues to senior management.
Document and Disseminate Knowledge
- Process program data into knowledge and repackage it for various audiences in different formats; develop and disseminate various digital knowledge products such as publications, presentations, digital, and audio-visual content, for target audiences.
Support Key Evaluation Events
- The PRES coordinates and oversees external partners and consultants to implement evaluation assessments.
Build Staff Capacity
- Assess staff and partners’ M&E capacity and provide training and resources needed to collect data and use the M&E system for ongoing reflection, learning and reporting; train and guide staff and partners to understand and implement protocols, forms and guidelines for data collection, and analysis and reporting on both qualitative and quantitative data.
Qualifications for the Research & Evaluation Job
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, planning and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills, expertise in handling both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Effective communication, presentation and problem handling skills.
- Strong written and oral skills, and flexibility.
- Must be digitally savvy with demonstrated affinity for electronic data management systems and other online tools.
- Team building skills with collaborative management style.
- Creative conceptual and analytical thinker.
- Ability to establish goals and priorities for staff and evaluate performance.
- Ability to forge and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of AWARD stakeholders.
How to Apply