Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Funding Source: Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP)
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Management Specialist CEDP
About World Bank CEDP Project:
The Government of Uganda received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to improve the competitiveness of enterprises in Uganda through supporting reforms in priority productive and service sectors geared towards a better investment climate with particular focus on MSMEs. The 5 year project comprises of four major components and is being implemented by seven agencies. However, the overall coordination of the Project lies with the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) through a Project Coordination Unit (PCU). The Government of Uganda recognizes the vital role that the private sector plays in the social economic development of the country. In a bid to address some of the constraints facing the private enterprises, Government included a Matching Grant Facility (MGF) component under CEDP that is directly implemented by the PSFU. The MGF component of CEDP aims at (i) improving enterprise capacity by facilitating beneficiaries access to grants of up to 50% towards use of sector specific business development services (BDS) , building skills and improving quality standards at firm level. (ii) Increasing the growth and competitiveness of the private sector in Uganda in order to maximize returns on products/services through value chain analysis. The MGF is supporting interventions in high-potential and sector specific sub-sectors including; tourism, coffee, horticulture, grains and pulses, fisheries, edible oils, and information communication technology (business process outsourcing).
Job Summary: The Accountant will support the component in verifying processing accounting transactions pertaining to MGF claims and preparation of reimbursements reports. The STC will ensure that adequate accountability are provide and that the MGF is operated in line with GoU and IDA financial management guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review Client Claims submitted for reimbursement for compliance to operational and financial procedures.
- Review expenditure accountability documentation for completeness, adequacy and compliance to operational and financial guidelines.
- In charge of posting financial transactions into the Financial Management Systems
- Review and updating the grant commitment ledger within the call period
- Prepare and submit reports on reimbursement claim.
- Raise payment vouchers for review and authorization.
- Prepare bank payment instructions for approved claims
- Properly file all accounting documents in accordance with the project guidelines.
- Actively participate in preparation of reports in accordance with GoU and World Bank guidelines.
- Support the Internal and External Auditors in regards to MGF audit exercises
Key Performance Indicators:
- Report on outstanding claims of payments to MGF clients
- Well maintained filling system of payment documentation.
- Reimbursement claim reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank CEDP Accountant job opportunity should hold an Honors degree in Accounting or Finance; or Business Administration with a major in accounts or Finance;
- Possess Professional Qualification in Accountancy and registered member of ICPAU
- At least five years of Finance and Accounting experience in public sector and at least two with donor funded project.
- Computer literacy skills with knowledge in the use of Accounting Software Application, (e.g. Oracle Financials, Navision Microsoft Office)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Proven high degree of honesty, integrity and versatility.
- Should be readily available, prepared to work under pressure to meet on call assignment targets
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Project Coordinator,
Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP),
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) – Lower Building,
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
- O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 16th December 2016 by 5:00PM