Job Title-Senior IT Assistant, Information Management Services
Job FamilyInformation Management and Technology
Job Type-Professional & Technical
Recruitment Type-Local Hire
Language Requirement-English [Essential]
Background / General description:
ABOUT THE VPU
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The Information & Technology Solutions Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) is led by a BSC Chief Information Officer at the Director level. ITSOC partners with clients and IT network colleagues to provide transformative development solutions through the management of information and provision of IT enabled business solutions, towards a world free of poverty.
The Information Management (IM) is part of the Knowledge & Information Services Unit (ITSKI) in the Information Management & Technology Network Vice Presidency of the World Bank. ITSKI provides information services to the World Bank Group (WBG).
The position is with the WBG Information Management team located in Nairobi. Reporting directly to and supervised by Information Management Team lead, the Sr. IT Assistant will be working as part of the WBG IM team serving Bank Group staff globally.
***The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Senior IT Assistant will assume the following responsibilities:
- Reviews classification, metadata entry and resource description for routine records, documents and publications to assure quality (accuracy and completeness).
- Implements records retention and disposition schedules for paper holdings.
- Deliver country office training and disposition missions.
- Promotes and supports creation, organization and use of information resources and compliance with information management related policies including information classification, related directives, procedures and guidelines.
- Gathers information and requirements to support analysis of client needs and business processes. Recommends changes to services and systems that will improve records management based upon direct client feedback.
- Participates in testing and evaluation of new and existing information management systems.
- Assists in the identification and assessment of specific information management system issues and solutions.
- Provides input into policies, directives, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management services.
- Prepares training documentation and conducts training on IMS systems so that clients can effectively use resources and be in compliance.
- Supports marketing and outreach activities.
- Travel is required to deliver country office training and disposition missions.
Bachelor’s Degree or above in Information Management, Records Management or Archival studies.
- Related work experience (minimum 5 years) in record management or information management.
- Experience and knowledge of Change Management and Communication principles and methodologies.
- Organized, agile, persistent, and proactive. Ability to work and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- English proficiency, written and spoken a must. Knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Adaptability – Recognizes and responds appropriately to new situations.
- Business Enterprise Knowledge – Keeps informed on business operations data.
- Research and Dissemination – Understands and applies skills in information search and retrieval using taxonomies, keywords and content search mechanisms.
- Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.