World Bank Program Analyst Job in Kenya,May 2018
- Job #180574
- Job TitleProgram Analyst
- Job FamilySocial Development
- Job Type
- LocationNairobi, Kenya
- Recruitment TypeLocal Hire
- Language RequirementEnglish [Essential]
- Closing Date10-May-2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Analyst is expected to contribute to effective implementation of the KADP MTDF, by providing coordinated support to the KADP teams across GPs, including:
- Provide high quality support to TF management, including developing systems for efficient monitoring of disbursement, commitments and timely delivery of work programs; play a leading role in producing quarterly update reports;
- Support KADP knowledge management activities including capturing lessons learned and results; and contributing to the KADP Annual Report and other major outputs;
- Support donor coordination, the quarterly donor steering committee meetings; and event planning;
- Provide support to analytical and operational teams, including planned analytical work on devolution lessons; write routine reports independently and participate in drafting technical working papers for wider circulation;
- Contribute to effective management of social safeguards work stream, and support as needed the broader social development work program;
- Work independently, seeking guidance and instruction on new, unusual or complex assignments.
- Preferably Master’s degree with two or more years of relevant work experience (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Political Science).
- In-depth knowledge of at least one other social development competencies – social inclusion, addressing fragility and conflict, community driven development (incl. community mobilization and empowerment) – is desirable.
- Experience in Trust Fund Management, including monitoring of workflows and budgets.
- Basic knowledge of World Bank’s operations including social safeguard policies.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and multicultural environments.
- Willingness to travel regularly, including in areas affected by fragility.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; knowledge of local languages would be an advantage.
- Documented understanding of Kenya’s political economy
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments, and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex evolving tasks. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Kenyan Context: Knowledge and experience of social development issues in Kenya.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
- Deliver Results for Clients – Proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relations within and outside the Bank, and to promote collaboration within the team to meet unit objectives.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborate across boundaries, give own perspective and willingly receive diverse perspectives. Ability to effectively provide professional support to senior staff.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Apply knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
- Make Smart Decisions – Interpret a wide range of information and push to move forward.