Local Term Appointment (Two years. renewable)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The World Bank Country Office in Nairobi, Kenya is seeking a highly organized and energized professional, capable of operating effectively and discreetly in a very demanding, fast-paced and culturally diverse environment, to work as Team Assistant based in Nairobi, Kenya country office.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to World Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Maintain up-to-date unit project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use.
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully.
How to Apply
- For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to submit an application www.worldbank.org/careers Click on Current Job Openings > Job#160703.
- The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date is March 28, 2016.