The World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career in the World Bank.
It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group.
What Is The Professional Program All About?
- The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.
- To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
Minimum Requirements for Professional Program
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1984)
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience[?]
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
- To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments (operational stream)
How to Apply
Click here to apply