The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Intern – HIRS in support of the Regional Bureau office, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
HR Internship Responsibilities
- Working in the HR Unit, under the direct supervision of the HR Officer, the Intern – HIRS Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists with overall administrative functions for all modules of HR Systems (Payroll, Benefits, Appointments, Separations, Compliance, HR data etc.);
- Monitor contract expiry dates in the system and take appropriate actions;
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries, analyzing data and initiate corrective actions when necessary;
- Review Personnel Action Forms (PAF) and other Service Requests to ensure proper data entry functions;
- Compile and maintain payroll data, reconcile errors and update payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering relevant data including overtime;
- Post job opportunities to online job posting sites, social media and other online resources;
- Assist and/or provide support in recruitment of national/local staff in the National Officer and General Services categories;
- Provide support of new hire on-boarding process and employee orientation;
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend procedures. Participate in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Eligibility Criteria for the HR Internship
- Currently enrolled to a University or have recently graduated from a University, preferably in Human
- Resources, International Relations , Business Administration or Computer Science;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months;
- Fluent in English (both oral and written); knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, is an asset.
Critical Success Factors:
- Proficiency in MsOffice (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong Analytical and drafting skills; ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data, and to resolve operational problems;
- Ability to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document;
- Critical Thinking: Ability to look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings;
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise – vigilant in carrying out analysis to come to correct conclusions;
- Ability to carry out several tasks simultaneously, within a limited time frame.
How to Apply