The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or related programme
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa, RBN in the SCOPE unit. The position will be based at the RBN office in Nairobi, Kenya. The Internship will be for period of 6 months.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Working in the SCOPE Unit, the intern will work under the supervision of the SCOPE service desk manager in charge of the SSD and in close collaboration with other developers and system analysts. The intern web developer’s main tasks will be to support the core services of SSD using Python and Django framework. The Intern – web developer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the service desk by writing python scripts for modification of data in scope.
- Provide data extraction reports as per SCOPE users’ requests.
- Troubleshooting of core SCOPE tools
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Mapping the business processes
- Perform other related duties as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
How to Apply