Within Country Management Support Unit (CSU), to provide direct support and services to the WHO country Office, work plan management, financial and budgeting functions in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and policies.
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent as his/her principal assistant will perform the CSU functions as relates to programme planning, management and monitoring. The incumbent will have constant interaction with the Finance and Budgeting Management Team and Cluster Client Service within the Budget Centre(s) concerned, consult and interact with other team members within the Regional Office Management Support Unit (RSU), Inter-Country Support Units (ISU), Country Management Support Units (CSU), the Headquarters and the Global Service Center.
Budget and Financial Management
- Participate in the development of the country office work plans;
- Monitor and coordinate expenditures against award budgets, project funding, award distributions and PB allocations;
- Identify and process necessary revisions to expenditures, award budgets and project funding;
- Follow up on cancellation of encumbrances in relation to travel costs and procurement of goods and services (refer to accounting instruction 45);
- Support in coordination of finance and program budget activities;
- Assists in Task and Award mapping;
- Support in verification of MOH budget requests in conformity to WHO Financial Rules & Regulations;
- Assists in generating reports from the Global Management System; also prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis;
- Assists staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment in the areas of income and awards, and financial analysis and reporting;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Achievement Activities Include: Contribute sound advice on work planning; integrate cluster budget plans and reporting requirements with corporate planning policies; coordinate budget and work plans with central administration support functions; ensure cluster compliance with all organizational requirements for budget and work planning submissions and reports.
With whom and for what purpose does the job require contacts?
Within unit/division – Operations Officer – To cover the end to end process and get guidance and/or support
Within Organization at duty station – Team members from the WCO, Managers and staff members – To cover the end to end process and get guidance and/or support
Within Organization outside duty station – RSUs, ISUs/CSUs
Global Service Centre – To cover the end to end process and get guidance and/or support collaboration and coordination
Outside the Organization – Banks, Suppliers
Essential: – University Degree in Finance Management, Public Administration or Management with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
Desirable: – Professional certification in accounting or finance, Masters in Finance or related, will be an advantage.
Competencies : Generic
- Technical expertise
- Overall attitude at work
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Ensuring effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills:-
Good knowledge of Results-Management framework and related business processes.
Knowledge of Oracle projects and Oracle Financials or similar ERP applications and systems.
Sound knowledge of project management principles and their application.
Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
High level of organizational and analytical ability, combined with good writing and communications skills.
Proven ability to maintain and establish excellent interpersonal working relations and to work with competing priorities under pressure.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here