World Renew Kenya
Position Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports To: Country Director
Purpose: Responsible for managing the Finance and Administration functions of the World Renew Kenya Office, in accordance with its approved plans and budget; and ensuring consistent application of financial principles, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as Finance and Administration Manager for World Renew Kenya
• Prepare project budget and cash flow forecasting for submission to the World Renew Home Office for fund transfer to the country office and partners
• Ensure efficient performance of finance and administration staff in the World Renew Kenya office
• Reconcile invoices, expenditures, project codes, funds source and ensure proper documentation and approvals before claims/refunds and debit notes are raised, and reconcile project accounts with Country office records as may be required
• Manage the country budget with constant monitoring, informing the Country Director and Country team of all variances and provide analysis
• Prepare monthly and periodic bank reconciliations and financial and accounting reports for the Country office on a timely basis, meeting strict deadlines and requirements of different programs Make all necessary Journal Vouchers as required by World Renew financial policies and procedures
• Ensure accurate financial accounts and reports, including the internal auditing and reviewing of the work completed by all staff performing financial duties
• Assist World Renew partners to ensure appropriate and effective accounting systems in coordination with the Kenya program staff
• Identify capacity building needs in partner finances, working with other staff and partners.
• Engage in training partner staff to increase their financial management capacity
• Organize regular appreciative internal audits of partner finances with program staff
• Work together with World Renew Kenya program staff to identify best practices, ensure cohesiveness and scaling up
• Ensure adequate insurance for all property, furniture and equipment (e.g. vehicles)
• Make recommendations to management on retention/disposal of records and ensure prudent disposal of the same as necessary 15. Working with the Country Director, regularly update the finance policies of World Renew Kenya
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, finance staff and the Country director; assess any changes necessary
• Ensure compliance with local country laws and regulations
• Working with the Country Director, regularly review and update the various administration policies for World Renew Kenya
• Ensure adherence to policies and procedures as outlined in the World Renew Kenya administration manuals
• Ensure that efficient and effective logistic systems are maintained in the office
• Maintain a comprehensive and up to date inventory of all World Renew Kenya assets, and ensure assets are adequately safeguarded
• Ensure that relevant and up to date service and maintenance contracts are in place
• Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises the Finance and Administration staff in Kenya.
• Christian motivation and active involvement in a Christian faith community, with personal qualities of integrity and credibility
• Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment and respectful relationships that value diversity and equality
• Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
• Demonstrated experience in grants management
• Strong management and leadership skills
• Proficiency in computer programs e.g. Quick Books, Microsoft Excel
• Good analytical skills
• Thorough and detailed oriented
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Very proactive individual that is flexible, resilient and self-controlled
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, or any other Finance related area, required
• Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA or CA is a definite advantage
• At least 6 years’ work experience as a Finance and Administration Manager
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The incumbent, in this position, will travel at least six times a year in Kenya to attend meetings.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter enclosing a detailed current CV and at least 3 referees to [email protected] not later than COB 9th November 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.