Application Deadline Date:28-Jul-17
Type:Fixed term, Full-time
International Role:No – Only National applicants will be considered.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (country of US state) where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision’s Strategy Realisation Office seeks a manager to lead in the full time management, development and reporting of Promising Conversations, a leader-led conversation, engaged by the World Vision Global Partnership.
Working with the Marketing/Communications and Change Lead on the SRO, this position will manage key elements of the Promising Conversations initiative.
- Manage, report and respond to needs around ‘Promising Conversations,’ a global effort to engage all World Vision staff around the strategy. Duties will include managing the development of the content (including translations), providing timely reports and responding to needs via support, as they arise throughout the Partnership engaged.
- Working with relevant offices/parties, developing out the content for the Day of Prayer as it relates to the global strategy, including devotional material to be used afterwards.
- Connecting with and resourcing the initiative communications manager and the initiative leads’ communication point person, ensuring both persons have the resources and information they need (from the greater strategy communications plan and content developed) and is effectively working out their communications plan. Also ensuring proper alignment amongst initiative communications plans. Finally, working to ensure story & content development for initiatives (specifically re: applying project models in different contexts, etc).
- Story & content development/co-ordination to clarify the outworking of the strategy in different contexts. Specifically by managing the initiative to source and create best in class story content from global communicators, for use by the Partnership.
- Support in the form of copy writing and comms in relation to the change processes and change lead at the SRO.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors in a related field.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with an attention to detail.
- Experience in the following:
- MS Office.
- Fluent in English – written/verbal.
- Communications Experience.
- Marketing Experience.
- Ability to work cross culturally and with different teams.
- History of organisational and project management skills a plus, with an attention to detail.
- A self-starter that can take complex concepts and develop strategies to succeed.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.