World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for a Communications interns to work in its Nairobi office.
This internship aims to provide the interns with a broad understanding of international nongovernmental organisation communications functions, with exposure to all elements of the regional office and opportunities to collaborate with the national offices across the region and regional bodies such as the Africa Union.
A small stipend will be offered for the position.
Communications & Multimedia Internship Responsibilities
- Provide support to the communications team in managing our social media accounts
- Help produce video material on a need basis for use on the website and in presentations
- Support in updating out intranet pages and curating content for the sites
- Basic photography for events and projects as may be called upon
- Supporting processes to improve efficiency of the EARO Communications team Event planning and organisation
- Engaging in internal communications activities for broad exposure to the organisation
Qualifications for the Communications & Multimedia Internship
- Bachelors degree in journalism, media and communications, humanitarian diplomacy, international relations or related courses
- Knowledge and experience in editing video and using software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier Pro
- Knowledge is use and management of social media
- 1-2 years work experience in communications and advocacy with Non-governmental organisations
- Experience in documentary shooting and editing
- Languages: Excellent oral and written English.
Period of internship: June-December 2017 (6 months)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
How to Apply
Kindly send applications to [email protected] indicating the job title. ‘Communications and Multimedia Internship’ as the email subject by close of business on 17 May 2017