Community Mobilizer Job at World Vision
Purpose of the Position
To support in the implementation and monitoring of the Accelerating Abandonment of FGM grant interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the designated project areas in Kajiado County.
In order to perform this role effectively, the Community Mobilizer must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- Liaise with the AACs to rescue girls subjected to FGM, early marriages and other forms of abuse.
- Facilitate teachers to roll out life skills development and enforcement of life skills curriculum in schools.
- Facilitate community dialogues for the total abandonment of FGM and other harmful cultural practices
- Ensure integration of girl child education and accelerating abandonment of FGM grant interventions
- Support to coordinate linkages and systematic referrals between decentralized systems and services(counties) and the beneficiaries(children at risk of harmful practices among other vulnerable categories)
- Facilitate Empowerment of girls, and women in the focus counties by building their capacity to raise their voices to oppose harmful practices, and ultimately contribute to breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty and discrimination.
- Facilitate social support towards total abandonment of FGM and other harmful cultural practices by engaging influential voices, organizing collective discussions and dialogues to educate communities on human rights and health issues
- Facilitate cohesive and sustained information flow on harmful cultural practices within the designated areas.
- Ensure effective integration of accelerating abandonment of FGM grant interventions with other projects in the program
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Support in the coordination of joint monitoring visits between the donor and the national office contribute to evaluation planning, support data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Monitor on a monthly basis project indicators and make relevant improvements
- In collaboration with key stakeholders including the NO Technical Specialist analyze trends in the focus counties and develop strategies to address them
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports (Annual, Semiannul and Monthly Management Reports) in line with WV/grant reporting guidelines and the donor expectations for both the UNICEF funded grant and the Girl Child
Education project Grants
- Utilize financial planning tools such as spending plans, work plans based on project activities and budgets.
- Utilize budget estimates and anticipated costs based on programmatic priorities and activities for planning purposes.
- Monitor on a monthly basis the project expenditure alongside implementation
- Actively participate in the identification, documentation and dissemination of promising practices of accelerating abandonment of FGM and in the target project areas.
Engagement, Networking and Collaboration
- Participate in mobilizing stakeholders during baselines , evaluations and other relevant programming activities
- Collaborate with community leaders and education partners to plan the education monitoring activities
- Represent WVK in forums within the subcounty
- Actively participate in National/International education/FGM/Gender days at the county and subcounty level.
- Provide necessary support in capacity building forums for CVA ,BOMs, FBOs, CBOs, AAC and other functional structures for promoting sustainable quality education and protection interventions
- Facilitate exchange visits for rescued girls to learn from other girls’ mentorship programme.
- Participate in capacity building of community members and partners on accelerating abandonment of FGM to enable them to:
- effectively advocate
- implement project interventions
- Monitor project
- Participate in monthly data collection
Qualifications for the Community Mobilizer Job
- A diploma in sociology, education, community development, gender studies or related field
- Have two years’ experience in community development work preferably child advocacy or child rights
- Prior experience working with partners at community level
- Computer literacy
A local from Kajiado County is preferred
Work environment: Office based with frequent travel to the field
Travel Required: Mainly domestic
On call: As required
How To Apply