Africa – Kenya
Application Deadline Date
No – Only National applicants will be considered.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INTERN
In addition to the above overall purpose, the function of the position of IT (office support) is specifically for the provision of efficient IT and telecommunication solutions on a day-to-day basis to users based both in Nairobi & Field (Somalia) office.
The World Vision Somalia I.T unit is seeking for an Intern highly motivated to fill the position mentioned above to be based in Nairobi for 6 months.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Operate an IT helpdesk for rendering prompt, professional and friendly assistance to users who report different ICT incidences and problems. To provide first-level IT Help-Desk Services to users both in Nairobi and field.
- Provide first level hardware diagnosis and co-ordinate the operational aspects of hardware maintenance and servicing of all computer equipment.
- Install, maintain and upgrade computer equipment, software and peripherals in accordance with World Vision standards. This task includes ensuring that all computer software and antivirus applications are up-to-date.
- Assist in development of necessary in-house capacities for the efficient use of IT and telecommunication resources.
- Liaise with information Systems team on the management and implementation of ICT Projects at the field offices.
- Provide technical support to workshops and meetings onsite and off-site including preparation, installation and operation of equipment.
- Maintain inventory for all IT and Telecom equipment and provide regular updates to the ICT officer Customer Support.
- To offer basic IT support services to Field-users, while undertaking administrative tasks related to Field ICT.
- To provide in conjunction with the Field ICT Specialist installation, configuration, servicing and maintenance of IT equipment and training of field National Staff
- To maintain the IT Assets and Consumables databases for both Nairobi and Field. Maintain the IT database; update the database whenever there is a change
- Provide first-level IT support services: troubleshooting and resolving end-users IT issues
- Participate in undertaking quarterly inventorying of Field IT equipment
- Regular Servicing and maintenance of ICT equipment, which will include: cleaning and blowing dust; anti-virus update and scanning
- Training National staff on computer basics and applications
- Ensuring that only authorized people can access the office network facilities
University degree in computer Science, or equivalent plus Microsoft MCSE and / or Cisco CCNA Certification.
Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCNA qualification
Technical qualification in IT or related discipline
Experience in computer systems (LAN, WAN TCP/IP connectivity, E-mail, application and user support domains)
Experience in radio communication technologies (VHF, HF, etc..) and satellites
Experience with ITIL processes
Skills and knowledge
Excellent computer skills (Windows7, Windows Server, Etc) Technical Skills computer hardware maintenance & repair
Skills in wireless technologies, including HF and VHF radio
Fluent in English