Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer – Accounts Payable
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About ABLE Project:
World Vision has just signed a one year partnership contract to implement a Quality Education project named Addressing Barriers to Learning (ABLE).The project will initially be implemented in 100 schools in the districts of Pader, Buliisa, Busia, Tororo and Butaleja in partnership with the districts and Core Primary teachers colleges. The project is very specific about improving school management and leadership, community engagement, improving teacher effectiveness and supporting inclusive education through child to child interventions.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will provide an overall pre audit review of payments for the National office in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with Procurement and other departments on all payment matters relating to the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review of payment requisitions for supporting documentation as per world vision policy.
- The jobholder will review payments for proper coding, arithmetic, budget availability and approvals.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and journal entries for the balance sheet accounts and provide a listing of the balances and their trend analysis.
- Regularly review, validate and post sun system transactions on a daily basis to facilitate timely information and reporting.
- Keenly monitor the activities of the cash office by providing an oversight role for cash counts and daily cash reconciliations.
- Facilitate the External and internal audits of the National office by providing all the required documents.
- Actively participate and provide input in the monthly financial report reviews.
- Offer technical financial support and capacity building for all stakeholders including non-finance staff on matters relating to payments and the required documentation.
- Actively participate in the preparation of annual reports.
- Facilitate budget monitoring by checking for funds availability in MYPBAS against annual budget Vs actual expenditure and budget approvals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Financial Accountant job placement should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing and Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA .
- At least three years’ post qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good team builder
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.