This individual will provide support to various projects including budgeting, reporting and risk management, ensuring that terms and conditions of the grants are met. The candidate will have good collaboration and analysis skills.
Grants Accountant Job Responsibilities
Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Prepare Grants financial reports in accordance with donor requirements and ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Generate Financial analysis on grant financial Information that will provide management with information for decision making.
- Provide timely response and feedback on grant financial Issues
- Provide leading role in ensuring Labor Distribution reports/Timesheets are prepared every month by relevant staff
- Update grants profile in order to monitor project life and grant budgets.
- Discuss with project managers grant reports and tackle any outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reports to the Line Manager
Qualifications of the Grants Accountant Job
- Educational level required Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- The holder should be CPA part 111 or equivalent,
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a NGO. Experience should include proposal budget development, Reporting and post award management
- Detailed knowledge of USAID regulations (2 CFR 200) and EU regulations
- Experience in sub-grantee management and capacity building
- A good understanding of the full cycle of a grant
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced excel and analytical skills (Dashboard reporting, Power BI)
- Computer software skills like sun systems is highly preferred
- Knowledge of the Somalia context is an added advantage