We are seeking a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (M & E and CLA) Specialist for an upcoming opportunity, Feed the Future Crop and Diary Market Systems Program whose aim is to advance the objectives of Global Food Security Strategy.
M & E Specialist Job Responsibilities
Technical Leadership and Support
- Develop and update framework for grant M & E and CLA in accordance to the grant design document and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project’s interventions are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, learning and documentation.
- Participate in development of the annual work plan and budgets, ensuring alignment with technical approach and Technical program.
- Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to USAID and WV Partnership standards.
- Ensure that Sub grantees demonstrate required M & E capacity and produce quality M & E reports.
- Ensure that core information for grant management, partners, and funding agencies is available.
- Identify the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange the conducting of a baseline survey, as required.
- Clarify and facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees.
- Oversee and execute M & E and CLA activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as lesson learnt.
- Conduct readiness assessment: the incentives at the system level, the beneficiaries and existing capacity.
- Identify the need and draw up the Terms of References for specific studies; procure, guide and supervise consultants or organizations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating grant effects and impacts.
- Ensure timely communication of M & E findings at all levels.
- Actively support the inclusion of monitoring and evaluation tools with gender indicators and for monitoring for negative impacts/unintended consequences.
Qualifications for the M & E Specialist Job
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years of practical experience in managing performance monitoring plans, evaluation, collaboration and learning, and measuring systemic change
- Demonstrated practical experience in using monitoring, evaluation and learning activities to inform activity implementation and results
- Technical expertise in a field related to gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management, and learning
- Experience in strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with Feed the Future project will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with using the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) is an added advantage
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings (in English).