Purpose of the Position
- Provide clinical supervision and technical guidance for GPM+ and PM+ interventions to ensure effective implementation of mental health and psychosocial support project.
Clinical Supervisor Job Key Responsibilities
- Ensure proper planning and implementation of mental health and psychosocial support interventions in the project areas.
- Facilitate weekly group supervision for Community Health Workers (CHWs) who are delivering PM+ to clients
- Ensure all grant interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status.
- Conduct competency assessments for CHWs and enumerators
- Conduct randomized fidelity checks for CHWs
- Ensure that interventions are integrated with other projects within the Area Program
- Ensure CHWs have adequate skills and knowledge to deliver psychosocial support interventions at the household level through periodic supervision sessions, and provide training throughout the supervision process when and as required.
- Provide materials for supervision sessions in liaison with Gender and Disability Technical Specialist and Consultant
- Ensure CHW compliance to GPM+ and PM+ intervention as per WHO guidelines.
- Ensure care and safety of clients is being upheld and safety risks are adequately responded to
- Identify CHWs requiring additional support or training during supervision sessions and report to Technical Specialist – Gender and Disability in order to respond appropriately
- Facilitate clinical supervision to Enumerators as a group and individual levels when need s arise.
- Provide competency assessments for newly trained ToT staff during practice cases, as well as for training;
- Provide randomized fidelity checks
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Provide oversight for and ensure completion of CHW client tracking and supervision forms in liaison with the community mobilizer
- Provide oversight for and ensure completion of enumerators data and its timely data entry
- Consolidate and disseminate monthly reports on the project the and ensure follow up on action points
- Provide written feedback from weekly supervisions conducted with the consultant.
- Maintain updated records of supervision to be used in Supervisor’s supervision in liaison with Consultant
- Monitor and report serious adverse events witnessed during supervision and escalate to the ethical review committee
- Ensure compliance to WVK, GoK, ethics and donor guidelines and standards.
- Ensure monthly monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports (Annual, Semi-annul and Monthly Management Reports) in line with WV/grant reporting guidelines.
- Identify, document and disseminate promising practices on mental health research and psychosocial project
- Convene forums for sharing and learning while involving project stakeholders.
- Where opportunities arise, provide timely inputs and information for peer review journal publications
- Prepare all materials for training and team building sessions
- Build capacity and skill acquisition of CHWs in basic counselling skills and GPM+ and individual PM+ intervention
- Capacity Build Project teams on ethical and quality research processes for mental health
- Lead the capacity building initiatives for communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure enumerators receive adequate skills in data collection
- Facilitate training of Ministry of Health TOTs as may be required
Engagement and Networking
- Effective representation of WVK in key stakeholder forums relevant to the project
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other like-minded partners
- Ensure role out of transition to scale model for PM+ within the designated counties
- Partner with the county to develop clinical and management supervision model for CHWs
- Provide clinical supervision to TOTs during practice cases
- Ensure integration of mental health within the designated county MoH and budgets allocation for implementation and roll out
Qualification for Clinical Supervisor Job
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology
- Clinical experience at community level, either in a research or clinical capacity
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in mental health and psychosocial support, one of which has to be at a supervisory level
- Registered with Kenya Association of Professional Counselors
- Prior experience in community research and stakeholders engagement
- Good computer skills in MS office (Excel, word, PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Click here to apply