Quality Assurance (QA) & Knowledge Manager Job at World Vision, Kenya
Purpose Of Position
- To lead and manage the Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E), quality assurance and learning functions for Somalia Resilience Programme (SomReP) consortium. The Quality Assurance (QA) and Knowledge Manager will develop and implement an organization-wide strategy in design, monitoring and evaluation, including quality program development, resilience impact research and program knowledge management. The QA & KM manager will provide capacity building to M&E staff within the 7 consortium member (ACF, CARE, OXFAM, DRC, ADRA, COOPI, WV SOMALIA) NGOs to help them move through the donor program/project cycle. The QA & KM Manager will supervise SomRe GIS & Information Management Officer and Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and lead research partnerships with academic institutions to create a best practice resilience design, M&E service that will demonstrate results through research and learning events.
Quality Assurance Job Key Responsibilities
- Lead the DM&E team and DM&E working group to improve program design and adaption to achieve measurable resilience outcomes and impact.
- Lead the development and implementation of SomReP M&E framework to ensure adherence to and integration of DM&E standards and practices with in development and humanitarian funded grants.
- Lead the capacity building of partner agencies in implementing DM&E plans to build knowledge and skills of resilience concepts, DM&E standards and best practices.
- Support the SomReP technical unit with design input and review new proposals and designs to ensure programming reflects best practice.
Research & Thought Leadership:
- Lead the design and coordination of research, academic partnerships, learning and evaluation functions to contribute to the improvement SomReP programming, Theory of Change and DM&E.
- Strong participation with resilience learning networks, practitioners and research institutions to promote SomReP learning and best practices and to gather current global thinking that can be used to improve SomReP programming, DM&E and technical approaches.
- Ensure SomReP learning influences regional and global resilience thinking by documenting and promoting SomReP learnings with donors, Federal Government of Somalia, research institutions, academics and at relevant resilience forums.
Knowledge Management & Continuous Improvement:
- Lead the development and implementation a program learning system to document, assess, share and replicate and apply lessons learned and Best Practices into SomReP DM&E programming technical approaches.
- Lead quarterly data analysis on program performance and subsequent learning to contribute to program adaption and performance improvement and recommend early warning early action programming.
- Manage both GIS & Informational Management Officer and DM&E Officer in data analysis of M&E and Early Warning Early Action information to ensure that programming and program adaption are evidence based Manage GIS & Information Management Officer in the building a management information system, ensuring collaborative use by SomReP members as well as effective use program data and analysis in presentations and reporting support to programming team in communications to donors and the wider resilience community.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for Quality Assurance Job
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree related to either social science, community development, food security & livelihoods, disaster risk reduction or monitoring & evaluation.
- At least 6 years’ experience managing people and programs in an international NGO context.
- Extensive expertise in the evaluation models and tools, and ability to adapt, contextualized and apply appropriately to all project contexts.
- Proven track record as a staff trainer and capacity builder in DM&E using a wide variety of training methods, facilitation and capacity building strategies.
- Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including comparative random sampling, questionnaire and survey design, data entry and analysis, and the application of these methods to project DM & E standards.
- Proven ability to write research publications and present findings for external expert audiences on the subjects of resilience, livelihood and disaster management.
- Experience working with a consortium and/or highly complex program with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in high-level expertise in Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, and Result-Based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ability to link professional, academic and community-based learning models.
- Experience in appraisal/Participatory Learning & Action, PEP, Appreciative Inquiry, etc.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills and professional maturity.
- Strong aptitude for participatory and servant leadership, innovation, learning, team building.
- Full ability to communicate cross-culturally and be cross-culturally sensitive.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-performance environment, and meet tight deadlines and multiple demands for DM&E support from a results-driven team.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to creatively solve problems.
- Must adhere to set security standards.
- Keen sense of justice and gender equity.
How to Apply
Click here to apply