Assistant Finance Director Job at World Vision Kenya
Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the East Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
Provide effective and efficient support to the Regional Finance Director (RFD) in ensuring standards of excellence through financial management, accountability and integrity in the region.
Duties for the Assistant Finance Director Job
- Review monthly funding requests from National/Regional Offices and ensure that they are in compliance with their committed budget.
- Assist the Regional Finance Director (RFD) to ensure National/Regional Offices are monitoring their spending against budget commitments to assure that spending occurs only where there are commitments and to minimize year-end overspending.
- Assist the RFD in the region’s financial planning and budgeting process.
- Ensure appropriate financial and monitoring frameworks are in place, and operating satisfactorily, in each National/Regional Office to support WV’s ministry in the region. Involves assisting National Offices designing and improving internal control systems and project accounting systems.
- Oversee and evaluate the region’s financial performance and efficiency through the quarterly financial scorecard issued by the FRSC.
- Assume the role of SunSystem/Vision/LEAP point person for the region, which includes the co- ordination of SunSystems & LEAP Point Persons for the region, co-ordination of trainings, and defining a strategy.
- Assist RFD to build financial capacity at National/Regional Office.
- Work with Regional Audit Manager to gather Audit Trend Analysis to promote improved Partnership internal audit results through assuring implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
- Functionally supervise the RO Finance Manager.
- Perform special projects for the RFD as necessary. This could include researching key finance ratios to set benchmarks; developing training material for use by National Office/Regional Office (NO/RO) finance staff (e.g. CD- ROMS, PowerPoint presentations); identifying alternative options for cost-cutting; researching cost allocation methods within the region; investigate problem areas in RO/NOs; compiling socio-economic data to assist with a model for the effective allocation of resources, etc.
- Act on behalf of the RFD during their absence.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
Assistant Finance Director Job Requirements
- Degree in Finance, Business Admin, or Accounting. Bachelor or equivalent preferred.
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing common protocols and standards throughout a large organization.
- Senior leadership experience in strategic financial management.
- Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring and supervising finance staff.
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field and support offices.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to Apply
If you feel qualified for the above role apply online through https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/kenya/finance/assistant-regional-finance-director-east-africa-region/7141