Reporting to Regional Manager
Purpose of Position
- To provide security expertise, develop security plans, standard operating procedures and monitor compliance as well as support security risk management, provide security training and support security crisis management within the region.
- The position Holder must be able to live out and to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Security Officer Job Major Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning (25%)
- Develop Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
- Periodically review Security risk rating for the region and ADPs in accordance with Core Security Requirements.
- Develop security plan for the region and each ADP.
- Develop and review security standard operating procedures for all offices in the region.
- Update core security requirements in the region as per security risk ratings to determine compliance levels.
- Develop and review Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the region as per risk ratings.
- Provide security expertise and support to Regional management in crisis situations and critical incidents.
- Develop contingency plans for all offices to include but not limited to Programme suspension, staff hibernation, relocation and evacuation plans.
- Conduct periodic office assessments to ensure that all safety and security equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
- Oversee performance of contracted security staff in all regional offices.
- Maintain an inventory of all security communications equipment including satellite phones, HF and VHF radios in the region.
- Ensure that all communication equipment in the region are serviceable.
Networking and External(10%)
- Track staff movement during working hours to ensure safe travels
- Conduct security investigations when required.
- Represent WVK at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
- Continuously monitor the prevailing security context within the region and advise the regional manager.
Capacity Building and Technical Training(20%)
- Ensure staff in the region undergo security training as required for their respective roles.
- Organize security training in the region in close coordination with the National security manager.
- Provide security orientation/briefing to all new staff and visitors to the region within 24 hours of their arrival.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
Reporting and Documentation (10%)
- Provide regular security reports to the Regional Manager and the Security Manager.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor 5%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Security Officer Job
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Security Studies, Military Science, security management and Police science, Security and Disaster Management, Forensic and Criminal Investigations or related fields.
- At least three (3) years experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
- HEAT training course is preferred
- Police/Law Enforcement Training is preferred
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management is an added advantage
- No previous criminal record or convictions.
- Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- Ability to communicate well in English & Swahili: (verbal and written) particularly in a crisis situation.
- First Aid qualified.
- Valid Passport and Driving License.
- Demonstrated professional behavior and ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings.
- Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
How to Apply
Click here to apply