Senior Finance & Admin Manager at World Vision:
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall management of the World Vision East Africa Regional Office Finance and Administration functions. The role will ensure financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the office. The position will also ensure effective and efficient administrative support to the East Africa Regional Office staff, hosted units, Global Centre and National Offices and adherence to the law of the land and representing World Vision’s interests in legally binding contracts. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Responsibilities of the Finance & Admin manager:
- Manage the finance and administration units in EARO and ensure smooth running efficient
delivery of services.
- Identify gaps in financial, administrative and procurement policies and provide appropriate
recommendations for development and review
- Ensure adherence to partnership policies and guidelines including International Financial and
- Manage RO budget, cash flow and project funding
- Facilitate the budgeting process as per budget guidelines
- Prepare quarterly analysis of the financial performance of the Regional Office(RO) and provide
- Ensure effective operation of the RO to ensure optimal use of resources
- Supervise all aspects of supply chain from tendering, procurement, logistics and stores.
- Ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving Finance and Administration.
- Ensure that staff in EARO have a safe work environment in accordance with the OSHA
- Contribute to the development of supply chain strategies and approaches
- Finance & Administration Accountability and Reporting
- Design systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control
of EARO assets, resources and operations
- Ensure implementation of efficient and effective internal control systems
Submit timely and accurate periodic reports
- Cost efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead in the negotiations, preparation and ensure execution of contracts
- Promote benchmarks for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Ensure competitiveness in procurement process
- Risk Management and Controls
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place to minimize risk
- Ensure that management responses to audits performed are sent on time to the Audit
- Department , and that audit recommendations are implemented
- Ensure adequate preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
- Monitor the Financial Risk Matrix and act accordingly.
- People Management & Capacity Building
- Identify capacity gaps and ensure appropriate development interventions for finance
and administration unit
- Facilitate operations and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation
of financial policies, guidelines and reports
- Ensure roll out of finance and procurement initiatives relating to EARO
- Set and monitor performance standards for Senior Finance & Administrative officers and provide overall mentorship and coaching to the department staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Representative in special task forces and committees
- Active representation strategic regional meetings and forums
Qualifications of the Senior Finance & Admin Manager:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- 8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles preferably in the humanitarian sector, 4 of which must have been in management level.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision and literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
How to Apply