Vacancy 1….HEA Information Management Officer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The position of Regional Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs (HEA) Information Management Officer will provide support to National Offices to assist, in developing information management tools, design and implement software solutions and implement relevant GIS activities in compliance to both internal and international standards, facilitate humanitarian learning across the region, and provide assistance to the region’s humanitarian knowledge management.
- Facilitate the collection of relevant information and data from key WV NOs, humanitarian partners, including Clusters, representatives of national governments, UN agencies, donors, local and international NGOs, in order to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data between humanitarian partners, and manage the creation of appropriate information products for decision-making and humanitarian response;
- Lead the collection and collation of baseline data sets. Compile and disseminate these, in particular demographic and vulnerability data, in different formats (including GIS) through ARC GIS Online utilizing existing World Vision tools.
- Provide training and advice to relevant staff on use of document archiving systems and the use of meta-data standards.
- Maintain databases based on existing templates (or develop if necessary, including user-friendly menu access and reports) to support humanitarian operations. Utilize skills to design relevant information management publications through tools such as InDesign.
- Ensure that inventories of the information management systems, tools and products of the EARO office and, where possible of other key humanitarian partners and perform and supervise reference functions by advising internal and external users on holdings and accessibility, and assisting in the administration of access and declassification activities.
- Provide basic GIS support to the office in general and lead the development of appropriate maps and info graphic products to support humanitarian decision-making and reflect humanitarian response.
- Support the maintenance of an inventory of EARO/WVI-produced maps and, where possible, those available from other humanitarian partners.
- Deploy as necessary to national, regional and global responses
Carry out any other additional responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Degree in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
- At least 5 years work experience 3 of which should be in emergency response information management.
- Strong experience and training in ARC GIS and ARC GIS Online related software.
- Strong experience and training utilizing graphic design software (InDesign or eq).
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charters, laws, standards principals, and ability to mainstream leading cross-cutting themes.
- Empirical knowledge of emergency response DM&E processes.
- Proven track record for infosheet and information sharing tools design.
- Requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Strong ability to facilitate appropriate information flow and coordination amongst a complex range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a clear understanding of major donors’ perspectives, requirements and standards and the ability to represent WV to major donors and other external stakeholders in a highly professional manner.
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision, mission and core values
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
WORK ENVIRONMENT /TRAVEL:
- The position is office based with and requires ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time and on short notice( within 24 hours) and for periods longer than 30 days as required.
- One must have the ability to function in high stress situations.
Vacancy 2….P&C Coordinator – Benefits, Staff Wellbeing & PCIS
Purpose of the position:
To coordinate benefit schemes for national and international staff, manage Our People Information System, serve as business partner for managers and provide a range of staff well-being services in line with WV Somalia People & Culture policies and Partnership standards.
- COMPENSATION AND PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
- Liaise with Birches Group to ensure Salary & Benefits surveys for Kenya and Somalia are conducted regularly.
- Liaise with GC Compensation to facilitate the development of new salary scales when required.
- Prepare merit increment and salary adjustment analyses as and when required
- Liaise with field P&C Officers and field managers to facilitate the roll out of new scale when necessary
- Prepare merit increment letters to staff as and when they are implemented.
- Provide advice to managers and employees regarding general compensation queries.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll and out of payroll payments.
- Facilitate and ensure quarterly and annual PAYE returns are submitted to KRA in time by the tax consultant
- Ensure Kenyan international staff taxes are computed, reviewed by Finance and submitted to GC Payroll on time as and when there are changes affecting payroll.
- Ensure timely preparation and payment of final dues for separating staff.
- Work closely with the financial analyst to prepare annual budget for salary and benefits
- OUR PEOPLE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- Conduct Our People trainings for field P&C Officers as and when required
- Conduct ESS/MSS orientation for new / existing staff and managers
- Liaise with the P&C users on a monthly basis to ensure that Our People data is accurate
- Ensure that Our People monthly error rate reports are consistently below 0.5%
- Generate reports (gender ratios, employment changes, leave balances, turnover ratios etc..) for performance tracking and management decisions
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of annual employee census report
- BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Manage the medical schemes for Somali and Kenyan national staff ( member enrolment and deletion, hospital admissions, staff medical limits, reviews and policy renewals etc)
- Ensure accuracy of premiums charged/credited under both the medical and group life schemes and the claims settled against the outpatient funds.
- Liaise with the insurer/insurance broker and pension administrator regarding employee benefits and services (Pension withdrawal payments, referrals etc).
- Ensure staff receive orientation/updates on benefits entitlement for medical, pension and group life.
- Prepare and submit housing worksheets/PAFs for international staff for appropriate G&S entitlement.
- BUSINESS PARTNERING
- Train line managers on new P&C products under portfolio
- Conduct biannual opinion surveys to seek feedback from staff and managers regarding P&C services
- Implement action plans within portfolio resulting from Our Voice Survey or other opinion surveys.
- Liaise with line managers to find effective and customer driven solutions with regards to problems affecting their staff
- STAFF WELL BEING
- Organize wellness sessions for staff with the relevant service providers on a periodic basis
- Facilitate staff welfare activities for staff occasions (bereavement, staff farewell, new born, birthdays, hospitalization etc)
- Administer the implementation of staff well-being policy/initiatives( SALTI etc)
- Ensure quarterly staff meetings take place.
- Facilitate psychosocial support for staff in need.
- Provide peer support as and when required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A university degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or the equivalent
- Minimum four years’ experience as a Human Resource Officer in charge of Compensation & Benefits, staff care, human resource information system in a large International Organization
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very good organizational and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to details with good analytical skills
- Very good customer service skills and problem solving skills.
- Very good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and promote team cohesion
- Extensive knowledge of international staffing processes and policies
- A good understanding of Kenya labour laws, some knowledge of the Somalia labour laws
- Thorough knowledge of office systems, including computer applications in Microsoft office
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based
- Travel: 30% travel to Somalia
Vacancy 3…Grants Accountant – SomRep
Purpose of the position:
Make department payments to our service providers, suppliers and Sub-Recipients (SR) and also report on grant spending for World Vision Somalia Sub Recipients.
- Sub Recipient Monitoring
- Follow up with partners to ensure timely and error free financial reporting.
- Timely disbursement of funds to SR
- Ensuring Sub-recipients have internal control systems in place such that accounting records are complete, accurate and are maintained on a consistent basis within the generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Undertake field visits as necessary to ensure Financial reports can be linked to the programmatic reports
- Thorough review of SR submitted financial reports including payment vouchers and giving feedback on performance, areas of improvement and expectations in terms of SR financial performance.
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Grant reports:
- Consolidate SR quarterly and or monthly financial reports in a timely manner and with no errors.
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes to partners for accurate posting of expenses.
- Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate of various grants.
- Preparation and participation in annual Audits of the department:
- Ensure all financial documents are filed and files are available for Audit. This would include financial records and contract agreements.
- Work with auditors to retrieve the sampled documents from the files.
- Assists auditors to receive required information for SomRep program from other departments, for example Supply Chain department, P&C and World Vision Somalia Finance Office during audit.
- Contribute to acceptable and timely audit reports through provision of required feedbacks during Audit processes.
- Make SomRep Departmental Payments:
- Payments to Service Providers; housing expenses for SomRep International Staff, school fees for International Staff Children and Travel agent who facilitate SomRep travel needs both locally and Internationally-pay Tickets and Travel transfers
- Legal fees for example, Audit fees, consultant fee.
- Per diems for World Vison SomRep staff.
- Business and Travel Advances for SomRep staff.
- Confirmation from Administration and P&C department on expenses to be incurred by the office and those to be charged to individual accounts –policies issues on expenditure limits, for example housing and school fees for the dependents.
- Budget Monitoring:
- Help SomRep Senior Program Officer in linking Grant Budgets to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the program matches to the budget
- Work with Grant Finance Manager to match SR budgets to the program budget for consistency.
- Monitor and review SR activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
- Monitoring bank balances:
- Inform Grant Finance Manager on bank balances to ensure the Accounts are not overdrawn and money is available to make required payments.
- Ensure funds are available for smooth running of program activities
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreements documents between SomRep donors and sub- recipients are available on file.
- Ensure good storage of financial reports and records pertaining to the SomRep program in line with the department and donor requirements.
- Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on financial aspect of the SomRep program.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Commerce/Finance or a related study
- Should be CPA / ACCA Finalist
- Over 5 years working experience managing donor funded grants.
- Experience working with Danida, SDC, EU and DFAT government grants will have an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with partner organization.
- Experience in developing budgets and negotiating the same with partner agencies and donors.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Sound knowledge of programme management.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and work in a highly demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals with great details.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to Somalia
- Travel: 15% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Yes