NYAMAGABE NUTRITION PROJECT MANAGER
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Nutrition Project Manager. This position will be based at Nyamagabe in the Southern Zone and reporting to the Food Assistance Programme Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To guide the strategy and programming of Food Assistance Programme and closely integrate the same with the Nutrition programs in Nyamagabe District. This is aimed at ensuring that the Nyamagabe Nutrition / food assistance programs is implemented in line with the set standards and objectives. Emphasis will be on quality and accountability food programming, within the framework of integrated food resources into World Vision Rwanda holistic ministry.
The major responsibilities include:
• Review, provide input and endorse Nutrition / Food assistance programs technical matters, including providing support to the process of receipt and delivery of all required food, equipment and materials, staffing, and all other necessary inputs to successful project outcomes, by working in synergy with relevant WV Rwanda sectors.
• Support Food assistance/ Nutrition sector programs monitoring, evaluation, planning and reporting processes, with development of tools that can facilitate effective implementation and quality of project deliveries and managing the day-to-day implementation of WFP Food and Nutrition planned activities according to objectives and action plans
• Conduct monthly meetings with implementation teams and provide reviews and support visits to districts at least twice a month and consolidation of food distribution plans monthly for WFP districts and submission to the Food Assistance Programme Manager
• Follow up with the entire Food Assistance team to ensure that food is pre-positioned at district warehouses on a timely basis and follow up and liaison with Food Assistance Programme Manager, in conjunction with WFP to ensure that food pipeline issues are well addressed
• Participate in project design, proposal writing, budgeting process, and engaging various donors during the negotiation process and provide day-to-day supervision and coaching for performance for the staff under the Nyamagabe Nutrition Management Programme.
• Provide leadership support to the partnership networking group to ensure quality field programming and reporting in the WFP program.
• Facilitate capacity building of the food team to meet established standards through on-the-job training, workshops, mentoring and other appropriate methods and prepare food aid monthly management reports, and well as monthly narrative reports according to set standards and formats
• In collaboration with the design, monitoring and evaluation team, ensure that food programs are monitored and evaluated and that operational research contributes to program innovation.
• Ensure that district teams submit their CTS- LMMS /weekly/monthly reports in a timely manner, attend and contribute actively at WFP regional and National Coordination / management meetings
• Assist the Food Assistance Manager to monitor the food program budgets and expenditures in collaboration with the Finance Manager and respective grant accountant and ensure that food programs achieve acceptable audit standards in national, partnership, FPMG, and WFP Audits
• Liaise and meet with donors and other food programming stakeholders for the purposes of networking, information sharing and nurturing partnerships
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Nutrition / Public Health, Development or related field. A Master’s degree would be an added advantage
• Formal training in food programming and related systems strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in food programming at a Coordination or Managerial level
• Experience in the region of assignment strongly preferred
• A balance of relief and development experience is highly valued
• Excellent project management skills and good understanding of the project life cycle
• Excellent understanding of best practice Nutrition approaches in community development
• Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets
• Excellent supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
• Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies
• Direct experience with and thorough working knowledge of food aid legislations and regulations of major donors including the WFP/USAID
• Must have excellent presentation skills
• A commitment to capacity building and people development, essential
• Work environment: Field based with some travels
• On call: 10%
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 14th August 2015; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks