The Technical Advisor will assist the CKP Manager in the implementation of the Coastal Kenya CAP. The position will be responsible for the support and capacity building of the CKP team including, strategic thinking, independent analysis including challenging planning, assumptions and analysis with a view to advising on programmatic approaches,
programme/project design, implementation and M&E and resource mobilisation. This will include advice on sustainable exit from selected and current interventions and entry into new emerging and strategic opportunities.
This is a senior management post reporting to the Conservation Director. S/he works closely with other managers in order to ensure there is cross learning within programmes.
As the person is in a technical advisory role, the TA will support the implementation of the CKP CAP through supporting the design of programmes, development of project proposals, fundraising strategies and actions and implementation of the same.
Programme Technical Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Overall – support and build capacity of all CKP staff in “championing” CKP at all levels and effective delivery of CKP programme – within the coastal counties and within WWF-Kenya / Nairobi office and the wider WWF network through the Conservation Director
- Support the ongoing development of a clear structure and implementation plan on M&E and Learning and build capacity of the CKP staff on the same
- Review completed consultancies delivered within CKP from the past 5 years, analyse the recommendations and produce a summary document that outlines the implications and informs the development of CKP going forward
- Help facilitate learning across CKP and what delivering and thinking as a landscape/seascape programme and team means and differentiate this with project level delivery
- Support and build capacity in consolidated workplan development, monitoring and reporting
- Resource Mobilisation /Fundraising – support and build capacity of CKP staff in proactively seeking of funds for CKP and inputting / leading on concept and proposal development and supporting the delivery of CKP elements / relevant elements of the overall WWF-Kenya fundraising strategy
- Support and build capacity of CKP staff in effective budgeting at CKP level – i.e. help bring the multiple projects, multiple donors together under one comprehensive but clear and accurate workplan and budget
- Support in the effective procurement, engage and management of consultants
- Proactively encourage CKP to increase its communication outputs and raise the profile of CKP internally and externally
- Support CKP staff to effectively liaise and harness support from WWF-Kenya in Nairobi and other programmes
Qualifications for the Programme Technical Advisor Job
- Knowledge: The CKP Technical Advisor must have significant and demonstrable expertise and experience in highly successful programme management and in effectively leading teams.
- Technical proficiency in forestry, freshwater, coastal/marine ecosystems, integrated natural resource management or related fields will have significant added value.
- The successful applicant will have at least 10 years of experience in the development, implementation and management of large-scale conservation programmes; managing, mentoring and leading staff teams and an advanced degree in natural resources, forestry or water resources management. Familiarity with the relevant conservation issues in the region is important. An understanding of the working of the WWF
- Network and shift in programme implementation are critical.
Skills, abilities and required attributes:
- A proven commitment to conservation.
- Demonstrable leadership skills – dynamic, excellent inter-personal skills, integrity and motivation.
- At least 10 years of experience in programme development, implementation and management and proven ability to manage, mentor and develop multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams and individuals.
- Good strategic planning, programme management, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with funding agencies’ contract/grant compliance requirements
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills, particularly in writing and editing technical reports and proposal writing for funding agencies.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV with ‘CKP TA’ on the subject line to the POD Manager, WWF-Kenya – [email protected] not later than 5th Feb 2017. For a detailed Job description, kindly visit: http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/wwf_offices/kenya/