This position supports the Human Resources Department with emphasis in administrative support as well as supporting the day-to-day activities, programs, procedures and clerical needs of Human Resource operations.
Responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties. Assists in maintaining the human resource database and all employee records and files. Completes assigned reporting functions involving attendance statistics, termination, hire and transfer data, and other information assigned. Provides recommendations regarding the development and administration of human resource policies and programs. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed. Performs general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
The position requires a person who is highly organized, can manage multiple projects simultaneously, Professionalism, discretion, confidentiality, a positive attitude are absolute essentials of the position and needs to have excellent communicational and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in Preparing accurate monthly payroll adjustments for the month i.e. appraisals, confirmations, loans, Sacco shares monthly.
- Facilitation of staff registration into the medical scheme and there after any medical claims, & hospital discharges
- Facilitating membership registration into HELB, NSSF and NHIF funds.
- Managing the staff leave schedule and processing all leave applications.
- Receives and tracks employment applications and conduct Interviews
- Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Types memos and letters as requested
- Conduct induction program for joiners and manages exits for all leavers tocompletion
- Prepares and maintains employee files, assuring timeliness, accuracy,completeness, compliance and confidentiality; maintains company organization charts.
- Ensure all filling and maintaining of all staff documents is up to date every month
- Tracks and resolves problems and checks system operations as scheduled.
- Prepare any staff appointment, transfer, promotion, confirmation and any otherkind of letters.
- Preparing monthly pension schedules and forwarding to the pensionadministrators.
- Facilitate new staff entries by issuing contracts, staff joining form and ensure theyare completed.
- Helping with the recruitment process i.e. induction, acquiring of all necessary itemssuch as staff ID’s, email addresses, sim-cards
- Managing and tracking employee attendance
- Managing Casuals as well as their discipline issues and performance
- Completes monthly and year-end reports regarding terminations, transfers, andnew hires.
- Facilitating proposed training by ensuring delegated candidates are informed andfollowing up with accounts to ensure payment is made.
- Support all aspects of staff travel and shall be responsible for updating andmaintaining the travel database together with coordination of staff travel by Creating, maintaining, and updating hard copy trip files for all travel, including review and preparation for annual audit.
- Responsible for ordering Business Cards, Name Badges, etc.
- Conduct yearly staff surveys
- Respond to employee questions/requests whether in person, by email or phone.
- Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings, seminars or training
Focus areas of Responsibility – % of time spent
- Respond to staff queries daily.
- Ensure that the employees have accurate leave days every month and the balance is correct.
- Accurate payroll amendments should be made by the 9th of every month.
- Filling should be done every week by Fridays
- Provide monthly staff attendance reports.
- Ensure that all new staff bring the required documents on the reporting day.
- Provide reports on joiners and leavers monthly
- Upon joining ensure that all the employees have the required equipment i.e. sim
cards, email address and go through induction.
- Upon confirmation ensure that all employees have applied for the relevant benefitsprovided by the company
- Ensure immediate or daily escalations of staff grievances.
- The Company’s professional reputation is maintained.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource OR Business Studies
- Holder of a Diploma in Human Resource or related Field.
- Membership to IHRM
- At least 2- 3year’s working experience.
- Knowledgeable in office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and softwareprograms used in Human Resources (e.g. HRIS).
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here