WWF- The global conservation organization, Kenya, is seeking to recruit a:
Business Development Manager (Corporates, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) & Small
To be based in Nairobi
Under the supervision of the of the Director, Business Development and Communications, the Business Development Manager will develop and implement a resource mobilization strategy to grow income from Private Sector for WWF-Kenya and maximize sources of income by engaging corporations, High Net Worth Individuals (Major donors) and Individual funders (small sum).
The incumbent will have the following key roles:
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow income from Corporates, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) and Small Sum in Kenya and abroad;
- Explore the partnership potential of strategic corporate engagements;
- Work closely with WWF network offices to identify potential donors (corporates and HNWIs) from outside Kenya;
- Initiate investments in mechanisms to develop and eventually grow the Small Sum fundraising stream;
- Work with the Programme teams to prepare high quality proposals for prospective donors;
- Set, monitor and manage fundraising targets in conjunction with the Business Development & Communications team;
- Leverage WWF-Kenya’s relationships with strategic partners;
- Work with the fundraising team to lead research into companies/sectors;
- Manage and adhere to WWF brand position, mission and standards at all contact points;
- Ensure efficient and seamless account management processes;
- Establish, monitor and regularly evaluate private sector FR performance against the annual plans;
- Develop and maintain a corporate database for targeted, existing and potential partners;
Set functional and own performance targets, monitor and undertake periodic appraisals.
The prospective candidate should possess:
- A Masters degree in Social Sciences, international Development, Marketing, Economics, Communication or Business Administration or related field;
- At least Seven years’ proven experience of successful networking and fundraising in at least one of the areas of: public sector partnerships, major donors, trusts/foundations or corporate fundraising;
- Fund raising and resource mobilization skills, good at negotiation;
- Excellent ICT, demonstrable numerical and budgetary skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communicating skills in a multicultural environment;
- Adheres to WWF Kenya values, which are: Credible, Responsive, Inspiring, Determined, Innovative and Collaborative.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter clearly indicating current and expected salary and CV with ‘Business Development Manager’ on the subject line to the Senior Officer, People and Organisation Development, WWF-Kenya – [email protected] not later than 21, August 2015.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.