WWF is an important, effective and authoritative conservation organization and we are able to respond to and influence the changing socio-economic and political landscape for the benefit of the environment in Africa and the survival of humanity globally. We endeavour to be an influential and respected conservation organization in Africa; making Africa a model in demonstrating sustainable relationship between humans and nature.
WWF Regional Office for Africa is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and competent individual to fill the vacant position of Executive Assistant to the Director-Africa on a Fixed-Term contract of 02 years.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
The Executive Assistant (EA) position exists to maximize the effective and efficient operation of the Director for Africa’s (Director) areas of responsibility by providing professional administrative support and facilitating necessary action. The EA is responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the Director for Africa. These activities include preparing written and verbal communication; coordinating meetings, diary, calendar and travel arrangements, drafting correspondence, reports and summaries. The EA will handle special projects as requested by the Director and on his behalf be able to represent the Director at selected meetings and day-to-day.
What you need:
Required Qualifications and experiences:
• A University Degree in Business Administration or related field; Masters in Business Administration an advantage;
• At least five years work experience in a reputable International NGO in a similar or equivalent position;
• Proven track record in successfully of working with Director level functions in international development, and/or other related fields.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation competence, with attention to details;
• Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
• Strong inter-personal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multi-cultural setting;
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
• A good team player/leader
See the attached job description for more details.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a cover letter and CV to Manager, People & Organisation Development clearly mentioning the position “Executive Assistant – ROA” on the subject line to: [email protected] Deadline for applications: 23rd October2015 WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.