In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Executive Assistant – Wildlife for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Manages the administration of the Practice Leader and their core team, setting work priorities and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Assists the Practice Leader in his or her leadership function, i.e. networking with International Secretariat, other Practices and the wider conservation community as well as other organisations;
- Answers and screens enquiries and correspondence in an appropriate manner, based on familiarity with subject matter, and refers others to appropriate staff member or department;
- Organizes, prioritizes and tracks agenda, meetings, appointments and paper flow and endeavours to streamline the Practice Leaders’ workload and ensures timely responses to invitations and other requests;
- Provides support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinates and prepares all relevant documents and briefing packs;
- Organizes travel for the Practice Leader and core team, including flights, accommodation and other logistics and coordinates and prepares documents related to travel; keeping Climate Friendly CO2 info up-to-date;
- Provide general office support functions for core team members (e.g. photocopying, managing office equipment and supplies, taking phone enquiries, etc).
- Arranges the translation of documents where necessary;
- Maintains filing system;
- Edits and drafts correspondence, reports and documents; and
- Creates presentations and spreadsheets;
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Practice Leader.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Personal assistant training from a commercial college or equivalent;
- At least 8-10 years’ relevant experience as a senior or executive assistant in an international environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up with excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- A flexible working style, absolute discretion and unfailing diplomacy;
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels;
- Responsive, efficient and a positive manner and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Capacity and willingness to take initiative, proactive attitude;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; other languages would be an advantage;
- Computer literate and numerate;
- Interest in conservation;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here