We are seeking to recruit an Accountant with experience in QuickBooks with at least 3 years’ experience in a busy firm. Must be honest, keen to details and energetic.
Establishing and managing the company’s finance function, and all associated tasks and activities pertaining, but not limited to: budgeting, accurate accounting, effective implementation of controls across the company, strong cash management and cash forecasting, oversight of all statutory, governance tax and licensing matters, and all inventory payroll management and bank reconciliations.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- In charge of VAT calculations and remittance
- Daily bank reconciliation (Excel)
- Preparing and remitting of Statutory deductions
- Controlling credit and debt collection
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits
- Posting petty cash in QuickBooks
- Receive and process all purchase orders, invoices, and request for payments.
- Cash withdrawals and supplier’s postings
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Preparation of management accounts and other financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Payroll management and issuing pay slips to employees
- Provide accounting technical support and advice on management
- Receiving and placing payment requests for cash and cheques transactions, ensuring that they have proper documentation, facilitates authorization and approval.
- Maintaining the financial records, making payments, maintaining reconciled petty cash and bank accounts and producing basic financial reports as necessary.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and month end closure processes
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Excellent communicator and presentable
- Accuracy and keen to details
- Must be proficient in using Quick books accounting software package
- Degree/Diploma in Management, Accounting or any related other related field with at least CPA II
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be a team player and proactive to learn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal or no supervision.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and a passport photo only to [email protected] before close of business 16th January 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV and position applied for on the subject line