Zeepo is a Universal Financial Services Agent, providing Banking, Money Transfer, Payments and Credit solutions.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
The General Manager is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the Agency Division of the business to ensure revenue growth and loss prevention.
Responsibilities for the General Manager Job
The General Manager reports to the CEO and the responsibilities include:
- Monitor and manage agency operations throughout the network.
- Establish practices and procedures for daily operations that will ensure a stable, profitable, and growing business.
- Ensure adherence to operational policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manuals.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws: licenses, permits and other regulations.
- Ensure service availability by ensuring up-time for outlet equipment and services.
- Supervise, and evaluate performance of departmental managers and staff.
- Supervise and assist all departmental managers in achieving goals and objectives and monitor to ensure implementation.
- Perform regular performance reviews of all departmental managers.
- Maintain an organizational structure that promotes fair distribution of work while maintaining maximum services to customers and members.
- Develop and implement a plan for emergency management succession.
- Ensure all loss prevention systems and processes are implemented and enforced.
- Ensure timely reconciliations of the relevant business lines.
- Ensure proper revenue assurance audits are done for each business line.
- Supervise resource planning and distribution.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets (annual or otherwise) and manage the same.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly and monthly management reports to the CEO.
- Supervise the implementation of the marketing and promotions plan.
- Build and sustain relationships with retailer partners for business growth and other support.
- Build and sustain relationships with agency principals for business growth and other support.
General Manager Job Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferably accounting/finance, Economics, Business administration.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy financial institution or similar institution with proven leadership and management abilities.
- Financial acumen & business report writing skills.
- Ability to maximize sales.
- Driving a performance motivated culture and development of people.
- Ability to coach and develop other Managers.
- Demonstrates Passion and Commitment for the brand and customers.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Treasury Accounting Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains 12 months rolling forecast
- Works closely with various functions to improve the cash forecasting effort and interest income/expense
- Analyses ways to improve the cash cycle, and where appropriate make recommendations for cost saving, propriety and efficiency
- Ability to effectively manage all cash
- Identifies the main financial risks both in currency
- Proposes, and after approval, implements a hedging strategy for managing identified interest rate risks.
- Advises management on Treasury related matters
- Review bank reconciliations and ensure timely accounting
- Enforce policies and procedures relating to all bank treasury functions
Qualifications for the Treasury Accounting Job
- University Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CPA(K) or ACCA
- Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management, financial statements and financial analysis processes
- Knowledge of Treasury management processes (Worked in a bank or retail dealing with bulk money)
- Written and spoken ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a good team player
- Responsibility and accuracy in the completion of received tasks
- Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure
- Flexibility, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
- Reliable, proactive approach to entrusted tasks (thinking outside the box is a plus)
- Experience with major accounting systems
- Microsoft Office skills a requirement
- Strong analytical thinking
- Focus on customer service
- Multi tasking / Time Management
- Decision making
- Teaming / Collaboration
- Focus on Goals / Result orientation
How to Apply
Kindly send your application to email@example.com Salary is Negotiable